Maintaining the cleanliness of the workspace is obligatory to run the business smoothly. Neat and clean office space enhances the productivity of the employees. An establishment is a hub of administrative function, wisdom, and creativity. To ensure the longevity and financial prosperity of the organization it’s necessary to create a healthy work environment. A tidy workspace fuels all employees to maximize their functional skills. There is a high need for neatness in an office for employee morale and retention.
A well-kept office space speaks about the depth of organizational skills of the establishment. In that case, to have an omnibus checklist to clean the office from corner to corner. For planning a perfect office cleaning checklist, it’s imperative to include all the parts of an organization to complete the cleaning job proficiently.
A Complete Office Cleaning Checklist For 2023
1. Checklist For Cleaning Office Reception And Waiting Area
- Clean the dust and make sure to organize the welcome desk.
- Clean the waiting room table, chairs, and all other hard surfaces.
- Vacuum the carpet area.
- Ensure that the water cooler is in good condition with adequate water for clients and visitors. Never forget to replenish the water cups.
- Eradicate the dust from all surfaces, easily seen by visitors.
- In the waiting room, never forget to clean the coffee machine. Pay more attention to abolishing all unwanted stains from the outer part of the coffee machine.
- Remove dust from the windows and door.
- Use a cleaning solution and wipe down the TV screen, lamp set, switchboard, etc.
- Arrange all books and magazines in an organized way to enhance the decoration of the reception area.
- Empty the trash can and recycling bins.
- Disinfect all surfaces which are touched by people frequently.
2. Office Cleaning Checklist For Desks And Cubicles
- Use a microfiber cloth to clean dust from the computer screen and keyboards.
- Vacuum the floor around the desk and chair
- Clean the dust from the window and its surrounding areas.
- Use a dry cloth with a cleaning solution to wipe the shelves and other surfaces.
- Clean the windows.
- Eliminate germs from the surfaces of all commonly used machines like keyboards, printers, fax machines, copiers, and so on.
- Never forget to remove all trash from the trash can.
3. Office Cleaning Checklist For Common Area
- Use a microfiber cloth or paper towel to clean all surfaces and dividers.
- Sweep and vacuum the entire floor.
- Remove dust from all furniture, such as office cabinets, drawers, tables, chairs, etc.
- Vacuum all the coverings to eradicate the unwanted loosened particles.
- Mop the hard floor
- Clean the glass windows and entrance doors.
- Eliminate the dust from the light set, and never forget to abolish the fingertips from the light fixture.
- Destroy the harmful germs and microorganisms from the entire floor with the aid of a disinfectant cleaner.
4. Checklist For Cleaning Office Pantry
- Clean and sanitize the sinks, countertops, and tables.
- Use the damp wiper to clean all appliances, such as the toaster, microwave, etc., inside and out.
- Throw out the leftover food items from the refrigerator and discard all food wrappers
- Never forget to sanitize the surface of a refrigerator.
- Clean all utensils and dish wear.
- Disinfect the surfaces where employees eat their food.
- Make sure to remove the trash from the trash can and recycle it.
5. Checklist For Cleaning Office Washroom
- Sweep the floor to remove all debris
- Mop the floor with disinfectant
- Clean and disinfectant all hard surfaces
- Clean and disinfectant the toilet pan and sinks
- Make sure to replace the empty paper towel rolls
- Wipe the mirror with glass cleaner to remove the dust
- Never forget to make sure that the hand dryer is working perfectly. If any problem arises, without further ado, inform a maintenance specialist for quick restoration.
6. Checklist For Cleaning Outside Area Of Office
- Remove all unwanted materials, debris, leaves, branches, and so on from the front door.
- Clean the welcome mat and keep it in the right place.
- Take a microfiber cloth with a liquid cleaning solution to clean the glass door and windows.
- Team the bushes which obstruct the door, and walkways.
- Make sure that the parking lot is completely clean.
- Sanitize and dry all trash cans before replacing them.